When millennials are looking for a rental property, few of them drive around in search of “For Rent” signs. These days, people use their smartphones to look up local listings; they filter results by price range, number of bedrooms, and pet-friendly policies.
You’re looking to make a name for yourself in the real estate industry. Whether you’re trying to rent out a vacation home or a hotel room, you need a way to drum up interest and find more tenants.
If you’re trying to appeal to millennials, you need a unique marketing strategy. Take note of these tips:
Capitalize on Social Media
If you aren’t marketing your properties online, you’re missing out on dozens of potential leads.
Even so, you might not know what kind of content to post. How can you set your online brand apart from your competitors?
A few ways to make your content more engaging include:
- Make video content. On Instagram, TikTok, and Facebook, the name of the marketing game is video content. If you want more eyes on your property, use video for advertising it. Film a property tour, then add music and visual effects. You can also ask current tenants to provide video testimonials. Or, try creating informational videos that show tenants how to improve their rental living experience.
- Write captions and posts that engage your reader. As millennials scroll through their social media feeds, they see post after post that all mimic the same tone. When you’re writing content, try to keep your readers attention; use a tone that’s funny, conversational, or relatable.
- Share success stories. When you rent out a property, update your social media pages with a success story. This shows your followers that your properties are highly sought-after—if they don’t act soon, they could miss out.
Millennials are tech-savvy; if they found your rental online, chances are they’re looking at dozens more, too. You need a way to stand out from the crowd.
A tried-and-true way to captivate someone’s attention is through storytelling. It’s one of the most powerful marketing tools there is, especially when you’re advertising to millennials.
As humans, our brains are wired to remember stories and narratives ; it helps us make sense of the world around us. Apply this concept to your marketing, and you’ll notice a difference in engagement almost immediately.
If you’re marketing a vacation rental, use captions to paint a picture of what someone’s experience might be like there. Another approach is to share your personal journey; how did you get into the industry? Why should people choose you instead of the other property managers they’ve met with? And what story does your property tell?
Boast About Your Amenities
What makes staying at your rental property so enjoyable? Use your amenities to your advantage. Be sure to consider what millennials will look for in a rental; for example, few of them pay for rentals with cash or cheque.
The owner of Globe Property Management writes, “Paying rent is easy when you provide online banking options.” If you accept e-transfers as payment, advertise it!
Add Trendy Decorations
When you’re marketing a vacation rental, your target audience looks at dozens of units before deciding on one. They’ve viewed photos and videos of countless properties. If yours isn’t unique, it will be just another option in the pile.
Make your rental property stand out with unique decorations. To appeal to millennials, try using decorations that will resonate with them.
For example, add a unique aspect to your place with an accent wall. Not sure how to start designing? Take note of these accent wall tips :
- Use removable wallpaper so that if you change your mind, it’s easy to take off later.
- Choose one accent color; if you select too many, it can make the room feel cluttered.
- Consider which room you’re placing it in. A few good options include bedrooms and living rooms. You might want to avoid a bathroom or kitchen.
Step up your property management game with Booking Ninjas’ Property Management System. You can use this innovative management system to stay on top of your rental property; it assists you with everything from general communication to everyday duties.
To learn more about how it works, schedule a call with Booking Ninjas today.