It is no news that business organizations of all forms and sizes see competitions every day, so they must follow the trends to keep up with the pace. One of the trends is adopting the latest technologies to take the business brand to a greater height.
As challenging as the hotel industry is, there are even tons of right blueprints patterns that can make your industry realize more direct online reservations while driving down the cost of distributing the hotel’s inventory.
One of the biggest and lucrative ways of getting your hospitality business the much-needed publicity and popularity is through well-planned digital marketing, which is undoubtedly the talk of the town in today’s market.
We are in a modern world that sees technological advancements every day. Many people now use smartphones and are connected to the internet. Therefore, this tells you why taking your business digital will only boost your customer base and ultimately fetch you more revenue more than you can ever envision by merely engaging with your customers both online and offline, using some electronic devices.
In this article, we will run you by what hotel digital marketing means, types, and the complete beginner’s guide in 2020.
Hotel Digital Marketing
In self-explanatory and straightforward terms, hotel digital marketing, that is also known as hospitality marketing, is referred to as the online and offline promotion of hotel services by using digital channels, such as emails, social media, web applications, websites, search engines, or with the use of electronic devices.
Hospitality marketing has seen a remarkable rise in demand in recent times, owing to its high return. Hotel digital marketing employs Social Media Marketing (SMM), which encapsulates social media marketing sites and Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
SEO is one of SMM’s key ingredients, making your company’s website appear on Google’s search engine for potential customers to make an online reservation. More so, it makes SMM perfectly fit for promoting your hotel business, with an assurance of getting the needed return, if done right.
Types of Hotel Digital Marketing
There are basically two types of hospitality marketing, and each of these types has categories that offer loads of benefits to any hotel establishment. These types and their categories are mentioned as follows:
1. Online Hotel Digital Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Social Media Marketing (SMM)
- Email marketing
- Affiliate marketing
- Content marketing
- Pay-per-click advertising (PPC)
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
2. Offline Hotel Digital Marketing
- Enhanced digital marketing: This is an entirely offline hospitality marketing that is enhanced by electronic devices. For instance, if your hotel uses iPads, an offline experience like say “book with us” can be improved with the electronic device.
- Radio marketing
- Television marketing
- Phone marketing
Detailed Guide For Beginners On Hotel Digital Marketing
Building a hotel marketing strategy when you start from scratch, reforming your hotel business enterprise(s), or expanding your existing customer base is a daunting task and involves exploring many options. Here is a complete guide that will enable you to exceed your aims and objective as a hotel industry owner.
1. Build a website
Building a responsive website that is mobile-friendly and introduces the business organization to the global audience is one of the typical ways to build an online presence. Hotel website serves more than just being a calling card; it also works in a remarkable way to improves sales and revenue.
When building a responsive company’s website for a target audience, some details must be packed to make it a success and a worthy marketing plan. These details are as follows:
- A hotel website must tell the target audience about all the hotel industry’s services, ranging from amenities to accommodation. A potential guest would want to be sure of the services he would get for booking a reservation with your hotel. Therefore, genuine attention must be paid to this part.
- Including enough pictures of your hotel industry, rooms, pools, parking lot, etc. on your hotel website is a perfect way of appealing to the potential guests’ visual sense. They must be convinced that they are making the right choice of booking with your hotel.
- Your hotel website must feature a simplified hotel booking engine to make a booking feel like a breeze to potential guests. This simplified booking gets you the customers and makes them return for more services, for as long as booking a reservation with your hotel is comfortable and swift.
- Most of the websites making waves in today’s modern market are mobile-friendly, which is because more people move around quickly with their smartphone, rather than iPads, PCs, and other big-screen electronic devices.
2. Create an independent hotel marketing plan
Building a hotel marketing strategy when you start from scratch, reforming your hotel business enterprise, or expanding your existing customer base is a daunting task and involves exploring many options.
Compose a distinctive brand message depending on the type of guest you wish to receive in your hotel industry. This is a crucial step that must be given a professional touch. If you can get this right, then there are higher chances of your hotel business thriving.
3. Get your hotel website the much-needed exposure
Now that you have created a streamlined, mobile-friendly website, and composed a brand message for a target audience, now is the time to gain some presence and exposure by gaining traffics to your website’s homepage.
Gone are the days when hospitality industries would struggle before their businesses could be added to the travel brochure for publicity. With offline and online digital marketing, particularly SMM, hotel businesses stand higher chances of gaining perfect exposure in no time.
The use of social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and many more have proved so productive over the last decade and still counting. More so, getting your website to feature on the first page of Google is another way to gain exposure and gain more customers, and ultimately sales.
Yes, online is now the most effective way to market your hotel business digitally, but other explorable options are shown in this article. Therefore, using offline digital marketing options would prevent you from putting all eggs in one basket.
Technology changes as each day pass, so keep your ears open and eyes peeled to learn and adopt the new methods. This hotel digital marketing guide for beginners is a perfect ticket to your success. So, digest and ask us questions for a quick reply.